Pricing for home energy audits is based on the square footage of the house. Call us for more details.
Premium Home Energy Assessment
This level qualifies for all Efficiency Maine programs and includes:
• Analysis of the building envelope and insulation
• Identifying potential health concerns: Lead paint, asbestos, vermiculite and carbon monoxide
Blower Door Testing:
• Depressurize the building to measure heat loss by air leakage
• Analysis of minimum ventilation requirements
Thermal Camera Imaging:
• Infrared imaging inspecting insulation, air leakage and potential water damage
Heating and Hot Water System Inspection:
• Combustion analysis of flue gases, carbon monoxide and backdraft potential
The audit will be followed with a written report within 3 business days. It includes easily understood recommendations with cost and savings analysis.
Basic Home Energy Assessment
This level qualifies for the Efficiency Maine Air Sealing credit but not other programs.
It includes all elements of the Premium level with a verbal report. Free Energy Maine will review solutions to address the most prominent issues in the home.
- Combustion Safety Testing with Report
A post-weatherization project test which includes a blower door test, combustion safety testing and a summary report of the findings.
- Thermal Camera Imaging
- Blower Door Testing
- Project Consultation & Project Management